FanPost

8/8 - MiLB Recap

Buffalo Bisons (60-57)

The Bisons played a double header yesterday against the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, they would take the first game of the double header by a score of 5-2 in 7 innings of play thanks to some offense in the later innings.

  • Anthony Gose - 0-3
  • Kevin Pillar - 0-3
  • Clint Robinson - 1-2/BB
  • Mike McCoy - 1-2/SB
  • Moises Sierra - 3-3/2HR
  • Jim Negrych - 1-3
  • Sean Ochinko - 1-3/2B
  • Thad Weber - 7IP/4H/2ER/2BB/7K/1HR

Buffalo Bisons (61-57)

The Bisons also took the second game of the double header, this one by a score of 2-1. Former Blue Jays 'sensation' Randy Ruiz was the only RailRider to score in this one, that was on his solo shot in the second inning, Ruiz went 3-3 in this game and he's currently hitting .310/.343/.580 with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre this year.

  • Mike McCoy - 1-2/BB/CS
  • Anthony Gose - 2-3/2 2B, his bat has been showing some signs of life recently, which is a good sign.
  • Kevin Pillar - 1-3
  • Luis Jimenez - 1-1/2B
  • Moises Sierra - 0-2
  • Andy LaRoche - 1-3/2 RBI
  • Munenori Kawasaki - 1-2
  • John Stilson - 1.1IP/1H/0ER/0BB/1K
  • Mickey Storey - 1IP/1H/0ER/1BB/1K

New Hampshire Fisher Cats (55-60)

New Hampshire fell to the Bowie Baysox by a score of 9-2 yesterday as neither Kyle Drabek nor Evan Crawford had the performance they were hoping for when they each entered the game yesterday.

  • Kyle Drabek - 4IP/3H/2ER/0BB/0K/1HR
  • Evan Crawford - 1IP/3H/4ER/2BB/1K/1HR, Crawford is currently working with a .361 BABIP, which is 57 points higher than his career average in the minor leagues. Evan has an ERA of 6.23 this year and a FIP of just under four.
  • Andy Burns - 0-3/BB
  • Adam Loewen - 2-4
  • A.J. Jimenez - 1-4/HR
  • Ryan Schimpf - 0-2/BB/SB
  • Gabe Jacobo - 2-3
  • John Tolisano - 2-3

Dunedin Blue Jays (53-57)

The Dunedin Blue Jays took a 4-3 loss yesterday as they squared off against the Lakeland Tigers. As minor leaguer pointed out on twitter, the winner of this was for Lakeland was none other than the son of former Blue Jay Mark Eichhorn, Kevin Eichhorn!

  • Jon Berti - 1-3/2SB
  • Shane Opitz - 1-4/2B/2RBI
  • Marcus Knecht - 1-3/BB/SB
  • Matt Newman - 3-4/SB
  • Gustavo Pierre - 0-4, after hitting .293/.300/.438 in Lansing, Pierre has struggled after being promoted to Dunedin, he's hitting .203/.217/.278 at the moment, and he's not exactly sure-handed third baseman either..
  • Oliver Dominguez - 0-3, repeating the level, Domingeuz's second time around is not going as swell as his first, he hit .253/.334/.385 here last year, and is hitting .211/.294/.300 so far this year.
  • Derrick Chung - 1-4
  • Nick Baligod - 1-3
  • Tyler Ybarra - 1.1IP/1H/0ER/1BB/2K, Ybarra is an interesting case in the Blue Jays bullpen as he'll be 24 this year and is putting up some very good numbers, including a K/9 of 11.03 and FIP of 2.65, he does have probelms with control though.
  • Tony Davis - 2IP/0H/0ER/0BB/3K, Davis will be 25 sometime this year but he is also having a good year in Dunedin and perhaps is in need of a new challenge and a promotion. He has a K/9 of 12.51 and sub-2 FIP, also keeps his walks under control as his BB/9 is just 2.98.

Lansing Lugnuts (50-66)

The Lugnuts lost yesterday by a score of 5-4 as they faced the West Michigan Whitecaps. The Whitecaps scored in their final half inning of play and held onto the lead as the Lugnuts could not make the comeback.

  • Dwight Smith Jr. - 2-5/2B, Smith is probably the most exciting hitter that Lansing has to watch this year, he's hitting .280/.367/.396, he's stolen 19 bases in 23 attempts (good for a 82% clip), the only knock on him might be his slugging percentage and his lack of line drives, according to Minor League Central his LD% is just 11.3%.
  • Dalton Pompey - 0-4/3SO
  • Christian Lopes - 2-5, swinging the bat pretty well as of late, .278/.357/.444 in his last ten games.
  • Santiago Nessy - 1-4
  • Jordan Leyland - 1-3/BB/CS
  • Emilio Guerrero - 2-4
  • Kellen Sweeney - 1-3
  • Griffin Murphy - 2.2IP/4H/2ER/1BB/2K/1HR

Vancouver Canadians (29-23)

The Vancouver Canadians took the loss in yesterday's game as they fell to the Boise Hawks by a final score of 7-5. Vancouver made a game of it by scoring four runs in the final two innings, but it just wasn't enough.

  • Chaz Frank - 2-4/2B
  • Ian Parmley - 0-3/2BB
  • Andy Fermin - 1-3/BB
  • L.B. Dantzler - 1-4, Dantzler has been terrific for the Canadians so far as he's put up a line of .320/.407/.560. He has a LD% of 19.3, strikes out 18% of the time and walks just over 12%.
  • Brenden Kalfus - 1-4
  • Matt Dermody - 2.1IP/2H/0ER/0BB/4K

DSL Blue Jays (32-23)

The DSL Blue Jays won by a score of 5-1 as they faced the DSL Cardinals. The game was completed early in five innings due to rain.

  • Rodrigo Orozco - 2-3/2B/3RBI
  • Deiferson Barreto - 1-3
  • Richard Urena - 1-3/2B, Urena was signed last year as an International Free Agent, Baseball America rated him as the 13th best International Prospect, he is currently hitting .294/.382/.407 this year with the DSL Jays and could be headed to North America to play ball very, very soon.
  • Juan Kelly - 1-3
  • Ronniel Demorizi - 1-2
  • Juan Fuente - 1-2/3B
  • Juliandry Higuera - 5IP/3H/1ER/0BB/4K

GCL Blue Jays (18-23)

The GCL Jays picked up the win yesterday over the GCL Astros by a score of 13-9 as this one was clearly not a pitchers contest. The Blue Jays picked up 17 hits, and the Astros had 11, the Blue Jays also made three errors in the field though.

  • Franklin Barreto - 3-5/2B/HR/SB
  • Koby Kraemer - 4-5/2B/BB
  • Thomas Collins III - 3-6/2 2B, why is he still in the GCL anyways..(the presents)
  • Rowdy Tellez - 0-5/BB
  • Gabriel Cenas - 2-6/HR/4RBI
  • Dan Jansen - 3-4/2BB
  • Jesus Tinoco - 3IP/4H/4ER/1BB/4K
  • Tyler Gonzales - 1IP/1H/1ER/2BB/2K, currently pitching to a 10.45 ERA and 5.81 FIP..
  • Sean Ratcliffe - 1IP/2H/1ER/1BB/0K

Bluefield Blue Jays (33-14)

Bluefield took a 3-1 win over the Princeton Rays yesterday thanks to a big ninth inning in which they score two runs, which was more than enough to win it.

  • D.J. Jones - 1-4
  • Alexis Maldonado - 1-5
  • Jonathan Davis - 1-4/2B
  • Matt Dean - 2-4
  • Jairo Labourt - 6IP/1H/1ER/1BB/4K
  • Adaric Kelly - 2IP/0H/0ER/0BB2K

*BOLD INDICATES GUYS WHO YOU SHOULD ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT*

EDIT: I was just looking up guys who the Blue Jays have recently signed in the past two or so years via International Free Agency, we attempted to sign SS Luis Castro for $800,000 who at the time was rated as the 9th best International Prospect by Baseball America. Castro apparently failed his physical and his $800,000 contract was voided, he ended up signing with the Colorado Rockies for just $50,000 and is currently hitting .289/.380/.373 with the Rockies Dominican Summer League team. Maybe he's the position player version of R.A. Dickey and failed his physical because he has no UCL, so he throws knuckleballs over to first base? Nah, I'm only kidding, but I thought it was cool to check out where he's at and how he's doing in his professional career thus far..