Sunday Bantering: call ups and former Jays traded

He's back - USA TODAY Sports

The Blue Jays only added two players today. Steve Delabar and Dustin McGowan are back with the team. I'd imagine that they will wait until the end of the Bisons' sason before making any other moves. I'm hoping A.J. Jimenez will be well enough to join the Jays sometime soon.

I had been hoping Jeremy Jeffress would get the call, but I asked his agent, and he says that it doesn't appear Jeremy will be up.  I figured with how greathe's been in Buffalo If he's not added to the 40-man roster, Jeffress will be a free agent this off-season. I did think it would be a good chance to see what he can do , see if we should keep him.

They will have a few decisions to make about the 40-man this off-season. They have 5 guys on the 60-day DL: Brandon Morrow, Ramon Ortiz, Juan Perez, Luis Perez and Maicer Izturis. I doubt that Ortiz will be put back on the roster and, the Jays will monitor how Juan Perez rehab before deciding if he goes back on the roster. They will have to find room on the roster for the others.

A couple of former Blue Jay infielders were traded last night:

The Red Sox also DFAed Daniel Bard. I almost feel sorry for the guy. His career really went off the rails when they tried to turn him into a starting pitcher. In just 15 minor league innings he's given up 27 walks and 11 wild pitches, but no hit batters.

The Twins traded Canadian Justin Morneau to the Pirates for 28 year old outfielder Alex Presley. Not much return, but at least we don't have to here about how the Jays should pick him up, at least for the next month.