Blue Jays 4 Orioles 3: Colby Rasmus hits 2-run homer

I love pictures of Casey Janssen throwing. - Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports

Orioles 3 Blue Jays 4

Sorry to be slow with the recap, I spent the day driving back from Great Falls today, listening to the Jays game much of the way.

Anyway, quick recap:

  • Esmil Rogers wasn't as good as his past two starts but he worked his way through 6 innings, giving up 5 hits, 3 earned, 2 walks, with 7 strikeouts. He gave up a run in the first, on back-to-back doubles from Manny Machado and Chris Jones. Manny Machado got a home run off him in the 3rd inning. In the 5th inning, Esmil gave up consecutive 1-out walks and then Matt Wieters got an RBI single. It looked like Rogers was about to melt down, but he got Danny Valencia and Brian Roberta to strikeout. He fought through the 6th inning too, giving up a lead off, Adam Jones double and Brett Lawrie committed a error, but he was able to get out of it without allowing a run.
  • Jeremy Jeffress pitched a scoreless 7th, allowing just a single, he was the lucky one to get the win. Aaron Loup and Neil Wagner shared a scoreless 8th.
  • Casey Janssen got his 30th save, and made a very nice play on the final out of the game.
  • Our offense only managed 6 hits off Chris Tillman (who had a 8 inning complete game), but we got a couple of big hits when we needed them. Moises Sierra hit a 2-run double in the first and Colby Rasmus hit a 2-run homer in the 7th. That was enough for the win. Isn't it nice to have Colby back?
  • Anthony Gose had 2 hits, including his 4th triple (a bit of a gift from the official scorer, it likely should have been an error on Chris Davis, but then Gose's speed got him to third).

Jays of the Day: Rasmus (.292 WPA), Sierra (.226, 1 for 2, double, walk and no idiot plays in the field) and Janssen (.168). Honorable mention to Jeffress who I'd give a JoD to, but he got the win, so that's enough of a gift.

Suckage: Edwin Encarnacion (-.117, 0 for 4).