Blue Jays 1 Orioles 3: Adam Lind homers

Adam Lind homers, pretty swing. - Brad White

Orioles 3 Blue Jays 1

We out hit the Orioles 10 to 6, and still lost.

Mark Buehrle was pretty ok. 5 innings (I think he would have gone longer, if we weren't just playing out the string), 6 hits, 3 runs, 2 earned, 3 walks and 4 k. He was ok, nothing special, nothing terrible. threw a lot of pitches (99). A Jose Reyes error cost him one of the runs.

Chad Jenkins looked great, in his 2 innings of work. He didn't allow a base runner and struck out 1. Kyle Drabek also looked great, 2 inning, he hit one batter, but had 3 strikeouts and nothing was hit hard against him. It is really nice to see these two do well, we need the pitching depth next year.

On offense, Adam Lind hit a second inning home run, and that was it for scoring. We did load the bases, with 2 outs, in the 7th, but Moises Sierra struck out. Moises has been so good with the bat that we can forgive this.

We got two hits each from Brett Lawrie, Adam Lind, Moises Sierra (both singles for a change) and Anthony Gose. Edwin Encarnacion and Ryan Goins had 1 hit each, both doubles. Edwin looks like his wrist is really sore, I'm thinking it is time we shut him down for the season. He isn't helping.

Speaking of 'isn't helping' J.P. Arencibia was 0 for 3 with a strikeout, and his average has dropped to .200. He's had just 2 hits with month (both singles) and 1 RBI, while striking out 9 times, which, even by his standards, is terrible. Gibby had Munenori Kawasaki pinch hit for him in the 8th inning.

Jose Reyes and Rajai Davis also had 0 fors.

Lind gets Jay of the Day for his .125 WPA.

Suckage goes to Reyes -.177 and Arencibai (-.130). Ryan Goins had a -.138, but he made a sensational play, with the bases loaded, in the 4th inning, that saved, at very least, a couple of runs, so no Suckage for him.

21 of us posted 308 comments in the GameThread.

# Commenter # Comments
1 Tom Dakers 69
2 ABsteve 41
3 MjwW 31