Blue Jays 3 Red Sox 6: Let's drink.

And that says it all. - Jim Rogash

Blue Jays 3 Red Sox 6

So ummm that happened. And I don't that much want to talk about it.

The Jays must hold some sort of record for finding new and inventive ways of getting injured. Colby Rasmus heads out on the field, towards his position in center and Anthony Gose throws him the ball, so they can start warming up. Only Colby wasn't ready for it and took it in the face and had to leave the game. Seems like Gose is the school yard bully and wanted to play CF. Either get out of his way, or you'll get hurt. I hope I don't have to point out that I'm joking, but I guess I just did.

Poor guy, he felt so bad.

Rasmuswarmupthrow_medium

via sports.cbsimg.net

Anyway, Esmil Rogers had an awful start. If he's wanting a job in next year's starting rotation, he didn't help himself. He went just 2.1, allowed 3 hits, 5 walks, 2 earned with 2 strikeouts. It could have been so much worse. He walked in a run, and then was pulled with the bases loaded. Chad Jenkins came in and got a quick double play, saving Rogers' ERA. Jenkins looked very good, 3.1 innings, 2 hits, 1 walk, no runs and 1 strikeout. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a start, but Gibby has made it clear he's not giving anyone a spot start.

Aaron Loup came in to get the last out of the 6th inning, he could have stayed in the game longer. Neil Wagner started the 7th and wasn't good, giving up 4 hits, before leaving with the bases loaded. Jeremy Jeffress got a nice 6-2-3 double play but gave up a single to Mike Carp, costing Wagner 2 more earned runs. Darren Oliver gave up another run in the 8th.

On offense, well, bits and pieces of it was good. Rajai Davis was 2 for 4 with a double and stole 2 bases, giving him 44 this year. Brett Lawrie drove Rajai home after he had stole 2nd and 3rd. Adam Lind hit a 2-run, pinch-hit home run. Mark DeRose had a couple of hits.

On the negative side, we had 2 on and 1 out in the 2 and didn't score, Gose ground out and J.P. Arencibia struck out (surprise) to end the inning. Then in the 4th we loaded the bases, with no one out, and we didn't score. Gose hit into a double play and JP, well you know. In the 7th, after Lind's homer, we got 2 on, but JP struck out. I can't figure why Gibby didn't pinch-hit there.

JP did make contact once, he ground out in the 7th inning.

He's just a mess right now. I mean, he's not a great player, but he isn't as bad as he's looked in the past month or so. Honestly, it looks like he is just closing his eyes and swinging.

Tonight's 3 strikeouts give him 144 on the season, tied with Adam Lind's 2010 (it took Lind 613 plate appearances, 478 for JP) season for the 8th most strikeouts in a season in team history. He needs 16 more, in our last 9 games, to break Jose Canseco's team record.

Jays of the Day are Jenkins (.214 WPA) and I'm giving one to Lind, even with the .059 WPA, because I figure a 2-run home run is worth it.

Suckage JP (-.223), Gose (-.251), Wagner (-.168) and (.153).

It was a nice game thread, for a terrible game, 475 comments from 22 of us. Stealin' Home led the way, great effort in a losing cause.

# Commenter # Comments
1 Stealin' Home 65
2 MjwW 63
3 Tom Dakers 59
4 Homer Unking 42
5 Belisarius 39
6 ABsteve 39
7 Kraemer_17 32
8 e&n4e 31
9 JaysSaskatchewan 29
10 fishedin 21
11 MookieG 15
12 St.Sniper 11

Oh, the Red Sox clinched first. Whoopie.