Blue Jays minor league awards

Ryan Goins - Tom Szczerbowski

The Jays released the names of the players that won their Webster Awards, their award for  top players at each level of their minor league system.

Buffalo Bisons

Ryan Goins wins. He is the 26th Blue Jay to win 2 or more Webster Awards, he was New Hampshire's winner last year. Goins hit .257/311/.369 with 6 home runs, 22 doubles, 46 RBI and 3 steals in 111 games. Not exactly earth shaking numbers, but then we've seen his defense.

New Hampshire Fisher Cats

Brad Glenn. He hit .264/.334/.459 with 17 home runs, 28 doubles, 69 RBI, 44 walks and 104 strikeouts in 111 games as an outfielder for the Fisher Cats, before moving up to Buffalo to play 18 games for them. He led the team in slugging, doubles, and RBI. Second in average and home runs.

Dunedin Blue Jays

Jon Berti. Jon hit .250/.338/.323 with 3 home runs, 5 triples, 18 doubles, 44 RBI  and 56 stolen bases in 128 games, playing mostly second base. He was voted the top base running prospect in the Florida State League, by Baseball America.

Lansing Lugnuts

Dwight Smith, Jr. Dwight hit .284/.365/.388 with 7 home runs, 17 doubles, 46 RBI and 25 stolen bases in 109 games, playing mostly LF with some CF. He led the team in batting average and OBP and was second in runs and stolen bases.

Vancouver Canadians

L.B. Dantzler. He hit .302/.385/.504 with 9 home runs, 20 doubles, 35 RBI in 59 games, mostly has a first baseman. LB was a 14th round draft pick in 2013. He was second in the league in BA and OPS. First in home runs.

Bluefield Blue Jays

Matt Dean. Matt hit .338/.390/.519, with 6 home runs, 14 doubles, 8 stolen bases and 35 RBI in 63 games, mostly at first base. He left the Appalachian League in batting average and OPS.

Gulf Coast League Jays

Franklin Barreto. He hit .299/.368/.529 with 4 home runs, 6 triples, 16 doubles, 19 RBI and 10 stolen bases, in 44 games, mostly at shortstop before moving up to Bluefield. He led the league in extra base hits.

Dominican Summer League

Miguel Castro. He had a 5-2 record, a 1.36 ERA, in 11 games, 10 starts. 40 hits, 12 walks and 71 strikeouts in 53 innings, before moving up to GCL and then Bluefield.

Latest News

In This Article

Teams