Who Are Ya Bud (Norris)?

Jason Miller

It's the fifth last game of the season tonight as Esmil Rogers faces off against Bud Norris. Norris is a 28-year-old right hander who spent four and a half years with the Astros before being dealt at the deadline to Baltimore. As you would expect, the AL East has taken a bit of a toll on Bud and he has a 4.63 ERA since being dealt. The division change really doesn't have that much to do with it in truth as he's only faced AL East rivals twice.

Norris mainly throws a fastball, sinker, and slider with the speed of his fastballs sitting in the 93-94 mph range. Against right handed batters he throws almost exclusively a fastball and slider, which makes him a bit predictable. Here's his movement:

Tt3idxg_medium

Norris is also pretty good with his hands:

Cropped_norris_medium

via thescore.com

Original_medium

via www-thescore.s3.amazonaws.com

Not much more to Norris as he your average mid-rotation starter that is fairly dependable year in and year out. For the "Find the Link":

Find the link between Bud Norris and the Detroit Lions' Trojan running back.

TankFest 2013

Haven't done one of these in a while. The Blue Jays sit with the 9th pick due to tiebreakers:

2x2hufa_medium

It's tough to enjoy these games, but we'll probably wish we did in the depressing days of January.

Latest News

In This Article

Teams
Players