Poll Time: Best First Baseman in Blue Jays History

I like this picture - Jesse Johnson-USA TODAY Sports

Give us your vote.

Well, I'm disappointed in you guys voting Borders over Whitt, but that's democracy for you. Didn't Churchhill say that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.

I was only going to do these once a week, but I really don't have much I want to talk about, at least at the moment. I'm sure as soon as I post this, the Jays will make news. Mostly likely a player will slip and fall in the shower. We've been blessed with a bunch of very good first basemen, over the years. A couple of them could be Hall of Fame types.

I've decided to list Edwin Encarnacion as a first baseman and Adam Lind as a DH. It could have just as easily been the other way around, but let's go this way. Or Edwin could be listed at third and Lind at left, but that would bring back painful memories.