FanPost

My Artistic Contribution

This past winter felt like walking out of a Iowa cornfield an asking, "Is this heaven?"

In Spring we wish, we hope for the pleasure of baseball in October, sadly we lost optimism long before September 29th

The Knuckler was not fast enough to dance up down and around cleverly interpreting the space sticks were not

Clearly too many E-4s, not enough flares, gorps, ground balls with eyes, or dying quails

So many K's frontward and backwards just too many K's, not enough walks and trots, oh just one more texas leaguer in bases loaded two out situations might have made momentum rise and frustration drain

No April was all fore arm soreness and questioning glowers leading to May bats without power and even worse arms sunk deep into soiled high ERA and WHIP, not too mention lame sliding and ruptured ankles

Less W more L

June ended in summer and a red hot winning streak to raise the eyebrows out of the liquor

Muttering stupors through hazy heavily lidded eyes were perking with a peak at the lefty/righty bullpen all star heroes

Still the impossible Mt..500 loomed large and no matter the turmoil, suffering and endless extra inning debacles the avalanche of sheer gravity forced the team down to the basement for evermore, so deep that not even the great all-Canadian third sacker could stop the plumment into hell.

DL 15, DL 60 and all the noise of disgruntled backstops, former and current, kept August dogged

The fans still showed up and enjoyed plesent September evenings of New England and Manhattan accented cheering

The team caused some suffering in Baltimore and Tampa, but wathced as our ex soaked up our previous November's glory

A long forgotten former farmhand who once gulped 41starts and 250.3 IP worth of java tossed a no hitter to finish the last pour of salt into 2013's season.

Bring on the scab. Do not pick at it. Hell lets cauterize this thing, and do not forget to let the Neosporin work out all the infection so that 2014 will get here all fresh and new ready to brighten our Autumn doom and gloom with more chalk, grass, leather, spikes and flight of fancy of Blue Jays soaring instead of gliding and diving

Tomorrow started yesterday, but yesterday shall not be tomorrow, Toronto will come first and the Red Sox, Rays, Yankees and Orioles last

See you next year.