FanPost

2013 NFL Pick Against the Spread

Last year jays182 and I had a little week to week contest in which we attempted to beat the spread in each weekend's games - him using his great intuitive feel and myself using a basic "replacement level" forecasting system. In the end, neither his feel nor my system succeeded in beating the spread, much less in a statistically significant manner.

This year, we are going to do the same, and we invite anyone else to join in as well. Every week on Friday or early Saturday, I'll post the lines, which I usually get from bet365.com, filling in from elsewhere occasionally when they don't have a line. Just post picks by the time games start on Sunday. As long as this post stays among those visible on the frontpage, I'll keep using it, if/when it falls off I'll make another. I'll keep a leaderboard going on the first page. The prize: Bragging rights....hopefully this doesn't get Tom in trouble with his lawyer friends at SB Nation

Later in the season, maybe around week 6 or so, jays182 and I will start picking scores....feel free to join in on that as well.