Blue Jays 11 Twins 2: Adam Lind hits 2 home runs

Hannah Foslien

Blue Jays 11 Twins 2

That took too long , but a win is a win. Four series win in a row, for the first time this year.

Happ is slow on the mound and he threw too many pitches, but he got the win, going 5.2 allowing 5 hits, 1 unearned run, 3 walks with 4 strikeouts. I'm really not a fan, but he did a pretty good job against a pretty lousy team.

We used 6 relievers, you can tell it is September. Aaron Loup had a bit of trouble, giving up 3 singles, after getting the first two outs of the 7th inning, but Sergio Santos got a bases loaded strikeout to get out of the inning.

Kyle Drabek got his first work since being called up and he wasn't good. Drabek gave up 3 singles and a walk, without giving up a run. He wasn't hit very hard, I would have liked Gibby to leave him in a bit longer (it isn't like we are in contention) but Gibby decided that was enough and brought in Steve Delabar with the bases loaded and no one out. Delabar got 2 strikeouts and a pop out, to get us out of the 8th with just a run scored.

Jeremy Jeffress impressed in the 9th, hitting 99 on the radar gun and getting a swinging third strike on a 91mph 'changeup'. Nice to see after he had some troubles in his first appearance. I'm a fan, so I'm hoping he has more appearances like this.

On offense, Adam Lind hit 2 home runs, driving in 6. His second home run with in the 9th inning, right after the Twins intentionally walked Edwin Encarnacion. I don't understand intentionally walking someone when you are down by 6, but I'm always happy to make the other team pay for intentional walks. Brett Lawrie had a solo home run and 2 singles.

Anthony Gose had a run scoring triple. Jose Reyes hit 2 doubles and Moises Sierra had one before coming out of the game with 'back tightness'. Rajai Davis had 1 single, in 3 at bats, after taking over for Moises. The only Jay starter not to hit was Edwin and he walked twice, scoring both times.

Not that there wasn't a little drama. In the 8th inning, with us up by 6, Rajai Davis took second base on 'defensive indifference'. When he came off the field Gibby spoke to him. I really don't see it as a big deal. Gibby didn't get on Gose's case for going for the triple. We were up by 6, but the Twins were still playing, they intentionally walked Edwin in the 9th inning. It seems like a pretty minor abusing of the 'unwritten rules'.

Jays of the Day are Lind (.193) and Happ (.137).

No suckage Jays.

We had a nice GameThread again tonight, 31 of us posted 662 comments. expos&nordiques4ever led the way, he comments the right way.

# Commenter # Comments
2 Tom Dakers 98
3 MjwW 68
4 Damaso's Burnt Shirt 44