Who Are Ya: Andrew Albers

Good Canadian fist pump. - Hannah Foslien

Good old Saskatchewan boy Andrew Albers gets the start for Minnesota today against Esmil Rogers. Albers, a 27-year-old left hander had a long road to the major leagues which he finally made it to on August 6 of this year. He was originally drafted by the Padres, but injuries forced him to end up pitching in independent ball before the Twins gave him a chance. Albers has played many times for the Canadian national team and if there was one pitcher on another team you'd like to see succeed, Albers might be that guy.

In his six starts this year, he has a 3.96 ERA. His peripherals are a little bit wild as he has a 3.49 K/9 and a 0.70 BB/9 with a BABIP of .260. It remains to be seen what type of pitcher Andrew Albers will end up being in the major leagues, although his recent starts have been a lot worse than his original two outings of 8+ innings with no runs allowed.

Albers throws a fastball and sinker in the high 80's, while his off-speed offerings include a changeup, slider, and curveball. His curveball is usually only thrown when ahead in the count with his slider being his main secondary offering.

Hdlr348_medium

For our "Find the Link" today:

Find the link between Andrew Albers and the left fielder for the team playing in the south side of Chicago.

TankFest 2013

Blue Jays would currently have the 14th pick as they make an attempt to get back to .500.

Screen_shot_2013-09-08_at_10

Enjoy watching the game. I don't think there's anything else on at that time, especially none of Minnesota's other sports teams doing anything of note.

SB Nation Featured Video