Has Esmil Rogers won a spot in next year's Blue Jays rotation?

Rogers - Brad Rempel-USA TODAY Sports

In looking at next year's rotation, I've pretty much written in R.A. Dickey and Mark Buehrle. Brandon Morrow, presuming he is healthy will get a spot. And then?

There is almost endless list of in system possibles: Todd Redmond,  J.A. Happ, Kyle Drabek, Drew Hutchison, Sean Nolin, Marcus Stroman, Ricky Romero (well, no not Ricky), perhaps Dustin McGowan. And, of course, free agent possibles (Matt Garza? Masahiro Tanaka?). And trades, I won't even guess on trades.

What about Esmil Rogers?

He's made 17 starts this year. He was great in June, 2.27 ERA in 6 games, 5 starts, terrible in July (7.07) and August (7.66), but then has turned it around in September, 2 starts, 0.00 ERA, 14 innings, 4 hits, 2 walks and 9 strikeouts. Game Scores of 75 and 76, his two best starts of the year. They were starts against the Diamondbacks and Twins but still, they were pretty impressive starts. Maybe he has figured something out?

Pete Walker was talking up Rogers before yesterday's game, saying Rogers has the stuff to be a starter, but then what is he going to say? "Hey, we were only starting this guy cause we have no one else?"

In 17 starts he has a 4.50 ERA and has averaged 5.5 innings a start. Not all that bad since he started the season as a reliever. His FIP is 4.54 and xFIP 3.98.

So what do you think? Would you be comfortable going into next season with Esmil as our 4th or 5th starter?