UPDATED: Blue Jays avoid arbitration with Colby Rasmus, Brett Cecil, and Esmil Rogers

Tom Szczerbowski

The Blue Jays have avoided arbitration with two of their three arbitration-eligible players, signing Colby Rasmus to a one-year, $7M deal, and Brett Cecil to a one-year deal worth $1.3M. Both deals reported by Joel Sherman on Twitter

This leaves Esmil Rogers as the only arbitration eligible player yet to settle on the Blue Jays. He is projected to earn $1M via MLB Trade Rumors' Arbitration Tracker, however estimates have been a bit low so far.

Rasmus last year hit .276/.338/.501 with 22 home runs and a wRC+ of 130, while Cecil, in his first full year out of the bullpen, produced to the tune of a 2.82 ERA and 2.88 FIP. Cecil had a magnificent first half, with an ERA of 1.92 and opponents' batting average of .170.

Update: Rogers has settled as well, he will be making $1.85M in 2014. Rogers, able to both start and relieve, posted a 4.77 ERA and 4.73 FIP.