FanPost

MLB Gamers Corner: New Gen Console Releases

Hey BBB,

This is my first fan post, and as an avid gamer, I figured I would update you all on the next gen and current gen baseball releases.

PS4, PS3, PSVita

As we all know, the leader in MLB baseball games is MLB The Show. With PS4 now on the market, The Show's developers have taken this years release to the next level. Check out their teaser trailer:

As you can see the graphics are far superior to the previous gen releases, the studio has also released these photos of improved detail in the game. It happens to be of The Green Monster in Fenway Park. The pictures show the differences between PS4 and PS3.

Attachment_php_medium

Attachment_php_medium

Attachment_php_medium

via forums.theshownation.com

As you can see significant graphical upgrades have been made between the PS4 and PS3 games. Textures of wood, metal, and plastic are clearly evident, and the lighting models are absolutely gorgeous.

As for a release date, there has yet to be an official announcement, but EB Games and GameStop are taking pre-orders and have a release date of April 1st 2014. Usually The Show is released a few weeks before opening day, so expect early to mid March for it to hit the shelves.

XBOX 360 & XBOX ONE

Unfortunately the MLB: The Show series has never been released on the Xbox platform because Sony actually develops the game. Even worse news for Xbox gamers, 2K Sports killed the only multi-platform baseball simulation game with the announcement that it would not renew its license with the MLB. Following the announcement, baseball fans who owned Xbox consoles had their dreams shattered to learn that they would not be getting a baseball game in 2014.

Fortunately, there is light at the end of the tunnel for Xbox gamers. The MLB announced earlier this month that it’s reviving the classic R.B.I. Baseball franchise this year with R.B.I. Baseball 14. The franchise has not been seen in nearly 20 years, but the MLB apparently felt it was time to bring it back now that MLB 2K is out of the picture.

Unfortunately, theres not a lot of information about R.B.I. Baseball 14 just yet. The announcement only says that MLBAM (Major League Baseball Advanced Media) is in charge of development and that it will be out on consoles and mobile this year. With MLBAM behind the title, it’s safe to say that it will be more of a casual title instead of the simulation game that defines MLB The Show.

While it may be disappointing for baseball fans on Xbox, R.B.I. Baseball 14 will be the only baseball game they get this year. It looks like EA Sports is not interested in reviving its MVP Baseball franchise and nobody else has the money or development staff to try their hand at a baseball game.

So for now, Xbox fans can only wait to see if R.B.I. Baseball 14 gives them the baseball fix they need, or they can just go ahead and buy a PS3/PS4 for MLB 14 The Show.

There is no release date set for R.B.I Baseball 14, but the studio has said Spring 2014. Lets just hope they will upgrade their graphics from the last version released.

Rbi_zips_medium

via www.baseballthinkfactory.org