SABR Day in Toronto - Saturday, January 25

All-Canadian battery John Axford and George Kottaras - Hannah Foslien

It took them some time to confirm the date and event details, but the Halan's Point Chapter of the Society for American Baseball Research has announced that they will be holding their annual SABR Day event this upcoming Saturday, January 25 at Pauper's Pub at 539 Bloor Street West in downtown Toronto. The event will run from 1-4 pm and all baseball fans are welcome to attend, but attendees are asked to RSVP with chapter president Allen Tait (atait4 [at] cogeco.ca).

David Gallagher, the co-author of Ecstasy to Agony: the 1994 Montreal Expos, is the guest speaker. There will also be presentations on Canadian batteries and the Black Sox Scandal. The group will also recap last year's SABR National Convention, and also outline this year's convention. The 2014 convention will be held in Houston during the first weekend of August--right when the Blue Jays will be playing at Minute Maid Park. The ultra-cool Astros will be allowing SABR attendees to meet with players and front office executives!

I look forward to seeing some of you there this Saturday!