Masahiro Tanaka's Potential Destinations Narrowed Down!

Which teams is he eyeing?! - Koji Watanabe

BREAKING NEWS!

4rxct2f_medium

In shocking news Tuesday, reports came out that much sought-after pitcher Masahiro Tanaka had narrowed down his list of possible destinations. As you would imagine, this ramped up expectations about where the right-hander will land as it's now known precisely how many teams are in on the sweepstakes.

The reports are in Japanese as you would expect, but luckily all it took to get to the bottom of the rumours was some Google Translate:

北米にあるすべてのチーム

That kind of translates to:

All teams in the North American

WOAH, stop the presses! There's now a 100% chance that Masahiro Tanaka ends up on the North American continent after spending the majority of his life pitching in Asia. That's big news that hadn't been known until now. But that's not all! The report goes on to say:

彼は30のMLBチームの一つで署名する

Translated, this roughly states:

He signed with one of the MLB team of 30

The tenses might be a little messed up, but the message remains the same: one of the 30 teams in Major League Baseball will be landing the highly prized Tanaka! It seems that the rest of the process is a mere formality as he chooses one of the teams from his narrowed list.

Just to make it clear, the teams still with a shot at Masahiro Tanaka include:

Arizona Diamondbacks

Atlanta Braves

Baltimore Orioles

Boston Red Sox

Chicago Cubs

Chicago White Sox

Cincinnati Reds

Cleveland Indians

Colorado Rockies

Detroit Tigers

Houston Astros

Kansas City Royals

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Los Angeles Dodgers

Miami Marlins

Milwaukee Brewers

Minnesota Twins

New York Mets

New York Yankees

Oakland Athletics

Philadelphia Phillies

Pittsburgh Pirates

San Diego Padres

San Francisco Giants

Seattle Mariners

St. Louis Cardinals

Tampa Bay Rays

Texas Rangers

Toronto Blue Jays

Washington Nationals

I think I speak for everyone when I say it's been a long time coming to finally know the list of teams that still have a shot at the Japanese import so the rest of the teams' fans can go back to living their normal lives.

Inspiration: