New York Yankees sign Masahiro Tanaka to a seven-year, $155 million contract

Koji Watanabe

According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, the Blue Jays' American League East rivals New York Yankees have signed Japanese pitcher Masahiro Tanaka to a seven-year, $155 million contract, which includes a player opt-out clause after the fourth year. Of course, the total cost of the contract for the Yankees would be $175 million, since they will have to send $20 million to the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles.

I don't think anyone can blame Alex Anthopoulos for not matching the outrageous cost for Tanaka.

More to come, or not, I guess.

FEELINGS UPDATE

10:11 am: Masahiro Tanaka isn't really going to be that good, right? He certainly won't. He'll make the Yankees look like absolute fools after he's out of baseball in two seasons.

11:00 am: I hate the Yankees. I hate the AL East. I hate the amount of money thrown at players. I hate baseball. I hate winter. I hate everything. Leave me alone. Go away.