Jack Morris leaving Sportsnet

Jack Morris - Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports

It looks like Jack Morris is leaving the Blue Jays radio broadcast team for a similar job with the Twins.

No word from the Jays or Sportsnet on who will be replacing Jack as analyst. Since Dirk Hayhurst has left Sportsnet too, the most obvious replacement is gone.

Last we heard Morris was coming back, it is late in the off-season to be looking for a replacement, maybe Mike Wilner will get the job. He did a decent job filling in when Jack was in the TV booth.

Sorry to see Morris leave, I thought he did a pretty good job, and I didn't think I was going to like him. Very curious to see who they get to take over.

I'm surprised by the news, I wouldn't think working for the Twins would be a step up, since Morris worked a number of games on TV for the Jays, but maybe he's happier living in the states. Minnesota is closer to  home for him.