Blue Jays 'in the mix' on Stephen Drew

Stephen Drew - Rob Carr

So there is still a hope that the Blue Jays might be after Stephen Drew.  Jon Heyman, in a MLB.com video, tells us "Toronto is a team in the mix, I think" on Drew. I love the 'I think' qualifier on the end of that. And yes, Drew is a Boras client, but I don't think that is as much an issue as we get closer to the start of spring training.

Heyman also listed the Red Sox, Yankees and Mets as a possible employer for the guy, with the Sox as the favorite.I really would like us to look for someone better at second base.

Then he said the Jays are interested in Kendrys Morales and then said the Jays would have to trade "Leaned" (I'm taking it that he meant Lind. I very much doubt that one.

And, of course, he continues to say that the Jays are likely to get Ervin Santana and Ubaldo Jimenez. He figures that Jimenez would sign for 3 years and $39 million. I'd go for that if I was Alex.

I really don't expect the Jays to make that many moves this late in the off-season, but we really do need a starter and a second baseman that could hit some wouldn't hurt either.