Keith Law's Top Ten Blue Jay Prospects

Marcus Stroman - Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

Keith Law posted his Top 10 Blue Jay Prospects (subscription required).

His top ten are:

  1. Aaron Sanchez
  2. Marcus Stroman
  3. Robert Osuna
  4. Daniel Norris
  5. Adonis Cardona
  6. Jairo Labourt
  7. Alberto  Tiraro
  8. Franklin Barreto
  9. Dawel Lugo
  10. D.J. Davis

He mentions Tom Robson, Chase DeJong and Kevin Pillar as 11-13.

Law calls Osuna the one that has fallen the furthest, though he still lists him as 3rd, because of his Tommy John surgery. He likely won't pitch during the season, maybe in the Fall League. I'd have him dropping to lower in the top ten.

The only prospects he thinks will make the majors this year are Stroman (who he says we could use in the pen to manage his innings), Kevin Pillar (who he thinks should be our 4th outfielder) and Ryan Goins (who he has as a utility infielder). Apparently he thinks Alex will sign or trade a second baseman.

Keith doesn't mention Mitch Nay, who I think could be in our top 10 or A.J. Jimenez.

He has Franklin Barreto as our 'sleeper', saying he has a good bat, with opposite field power and at least average defense at short.

Law doesn't think much of our system, after trading away Syndergaard, d'Arnaud, Marisnick and Nicolino.

He has us at 24th in his organizational rankings, I would think our system could jump up a bunch of spots, in his ranking, with us having 2 first round picks (presuming we figure out how to sign a first round pick) and if a few of the better looking players in our lower levels take a step up.