Colby Rasmus To Miss Blue Jays Winter Tour

Jumping town? - Otto Greule Jr

The Blue Jays sent out a tweet today that centre fielder Colby Rasmus would miss the Winter Tour due to a scheduling conflict. Earlier in December nine players were announced as the members that will be making stops in Ontario this January and the lineup was composed of: Adam Lind, Steve Delabar, Josh Thole, Colby Rasmus, Brandon Morrow, Dustin McGowan, Esmil Rogers, Todd Redmond, Anthony Gose, and manager John Gibbons. Obviously, the number of players is now reduced to eight as the left-handed hitter will not be making it to any of the stops on the tour.

But don't worry, Colby sends his apologies!

Rasmus' Dad also weighed in on his son dropping out of the tour:

Apparently Colby has been told that a trade may come:

If you'll recall, Vernon Wells was traded to the Angels during the 2011 Winter Tour which may mean something is amiss in Blue Jays land. There's already been a fair share of rumours that the Blue Jays could decide to run with Anthony Gose in their centre field spot cashing in on Rasmus' fairly high value right now. Or it could mean he didn't want a picture like this showing up again. Or it could mean there's a scheduling conflict with Colby Rasmus.

Since there's nothing else going on, let's get our speculating hats on!