Brett Lawrie is on the Cover of MLB 14: The Show

Brett Lawrie modelling for his cover shoot. - Tom Szczerbowski

I guess this counts as Blue Jays news at this point, doesn't it? Canadian superstar Brett Lawrie will be on the cover of MLB 14: The Show when it hits stores north of the border this year. After teammate Jose Bautista graced the Canadian cover last year, the next logical player to get the cover spot would have to be a Canadian third baseman playing for Canada's team. It's also the first version that will be available on the new Playstation 4 although (BIG BUMMER ALERT) the next-gen edition is delayed until May. That's a really rough announcement for fans that were anticipating the usual March or early April release date that people are accustomed to for the franchise (can you tell I'm one of these angry fans?)

Anyway, it looks to be worth waiting for based on the limited previews of the game that have slipped out. Here's the confirmation from Lawrie as well as the cover you might be seeing in stores on April 1st (or May if you have a PS4...):

Today also brought the first real trailer for the game, which has a massively improved lighting system and pretty unbelievable graphics:

Let us know if you're buying the game and what was your BBB-safe word of choice when you heard that the next-gen version only comes out in May.