Uh Oh: Ubaldo to Orioles?

David Richard-USA TODAY Sports

What started out as a search for a free agent starting pitcher that had multiple targets at the beginning of the offseason has dwindled to just one choice, as it sounds like Ubaldo Jimenez is going to Baltimore. With the aforementioned Jimenez and Ervin Santana as the two remaining starters on the open market, Blue Jays fans were hoping they would be able to sign at least one of them in the days decreasing until Spring Training. With the news breaking tonight that the right-handed Jimenez is being signed, the team's options now consist of Ervin Santana or Ervin Santana.

The tweet that broke the news and the confirmation that came slightly after:

First of all, the terms of that contract are pretty swell and are going to make Blue Jays fans even more angry at Alex Anthopoulos for not locking Jimenez up before their division rivals got to him. The good news is that Ervin Santana's price will probably now be in that range, and the team has a ton of leverage to try and decrease the price even further.

Then there's this: