Pirates claim Brent Morel off waivers from Blue Jays

Everyone is happy spring training has started. - Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports

There really isn't much more to it than the headline, but the Blue Jays lose Brent Morel to the Pirates off a waiver claim. The Jays designated him for assignment after taking Liam Hendriks from the Orioles. There was some thought that Brent might make the team as a right-handed bat, to split time with Adam Lind, but (thankfully) that's not going to happen. Moises Sierra has been working at first base, early in spring, to give the Jays more reason to keep him on the roster.

Goodbye Brett, good luck in Pittsburgh.