GameThread for First Spring Game, Yay Baseball

It is almost like Christmas, it might be fake baseball, but it is still baseball. I've been waiting impatiently for this.

The Jays are using what might be their regular lineup for the season, unless Alex finds us a second baseman in the next month or so. The Phillies are using most of their regulars too.

The game is on MLB.tv.

I'm mostly interested in seeing if Melky can run. Other than that, well, it is early, so other than the fun of watching baseball, I'm not going to read too much into this one. Though Happ could pitch well and make me feel a little better about the Jays giving him the 4 spot in the rotation.

I guess I'm also interested to see if Brett Lawrie can tone down all the bouncing and moving at the plate. And maybe Ryan Goins will hit 2 home runs and make me believe.

Lineup

BLUE JAYS PHILLIES
Jose Reyes, SS Ben Revera, CF
Melky Cabrera, LF Jimmy Rollins, ss
Jose Bautista, RF Chase Utley, 2B
Edwin Encarnacion, 1B Ryan Howard, 1B
Adam Lind, DH Marlon Byrd, RF
Brett Lawrie, 3B Bobby Abreu, DH
Colby Rasmus, CF Domonic Brown, LF
Dioner Navarro, C Carlos Ruiz, C
Ryan Goins, 2B Cody Ashe, 3B
J.A. Happ, P Roberto Hernandez, P

As always....the rules apply to the game thread, mostly don't be terrible.  No arguing with Mods; No GIFS or images until after the game; No linking to illegal streams;

OT...I can't wait until this idiot 'face of the MLB' crap to end. I'm going to have to turn off twitter until it does.

In This Article

Teams