Spring GameThread: Phillies @ Jays

David Manning-USA TODAY Sports

The Jays and Phillies have their second game of the spring, this time at Dunedin and this time it is on Sportsnet.

There was a little bit of excitement on twitter this morning, when was reported that Edwin Encarnacion said that he told the Jays he didn't want to play first base anymore. It didn't last long, other reporters talked to Edwin and he said he was happy to play where ever the manager puts him. A couple of things might have happened. Edwin might have misunderstood the question, English not being his native language. Or Edwin might have said something about preferring to DH. Or maybe Eddie just wants to emulate his hero Russell Martin and demand to play shortstop.

The other bit of new is that Esmil Rogers is a new daddy, he has a baby girl they named Elaina. Congratulations. And he's back today and will pitch. I don't know, after the birth of each of my kids, I couldn't get enough sleep to function at all, for the first week or so.

Erik Kratz gets the first chance of catching the knuckleball. Jays want to see if he can do it, since they know Thole can.

Lineup

BLUE JAYS PHILLIES
Jose Reyes, SS Ben Revere, CF
Moises Sierra, RF Freddy Galvis, SS
Jose Bautista, DH Bobby Abreu, DH
Edwin Encarnacion, 1B Darrin Ruf, LF
Brett Lawrie, 3B Maikel Franco, 1B
Melky Cabrera, LF Kevin Frandsen, 2B
Maicer Izturis, 2B Cody Asche, 3B
Erik Kratz, C John Mayberry, RF
Kenny Wilson, CF Wil Nieves, C
R.A. Dickey, P Cliff Lee, P

Also scheduled to pitch today are Rogers, McGowan, Cecil, Loup, Jeffress, Rasussen and Walden.

Remember the rules, mostly try not to be terrible. Go Jays.