GameThread for Friday February 28

David Manning-USA TODAY Sports

Two games, two wins. It doesn't count but winning always feels better than losing. I wonder if getting some wins this spring will be important for the team's psyche? Make them feel like everyone's wrong about them this year? I don't know, I guess I want to think there is a purpose to the games.

Today, after two games against Philadelphia, we play the other Pennsylvania team, the Pirates. The Game is on Sportsnet.

A couple of tiny bits of news today:

  • Sergio Santos has a stomach flu and was told to stay home. He was scheduled to pitch today.
  • Gibby said something that we all knew already, second base is Goins spot to lose. We knew that. What we don't know is what he would have to happen to lose the job. If he goes 0 for the spring, does he lose the job? Is it all on his defense? Does he have to show he can take a walk?

Today we have Buehrle starting. Morrow is also to pitch. Delabar, Jenkins, Hendriks, Nolin, Sanchez and Storey all are to appear.

Lineup

TORONTO BLUE JAYS PITTSBURGH PIRATES
Anthony Gose, LF Starling Marte, CF
Munenori Kawasaki, SS Clint Barmes, SS
Colby Rasmus, CF Jose Tabata, RF
Adam Lind, Beard Pedro Alvarez, 3B
Dioner Navarro, C Gaby Sanchez, 1B
Moises Sierra, RF Tony Sanchez, C
Dan Johnson, Seat filler Matt Hague, DH
Maicer Izturis, 3B Robert Andino, 2B
Ryan Goins, 2B Mel Rojas Jr, LF

The Mel Rojas, Jr is the son of Mel Rojas the former relief pitcher/closer for the Expos, as well as being a nephew of the Alou brothers.

As always, join in the thread. Don't be terrible.

Go Jays.