More Rumors: Jays 'bid' on Suk-min Yoon

Suk-min Yoon - Chung Sung-Jun

The Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo mentions the Blue Jays twice in his column today.

The first mention was the usual 'could be in on' Ubaldo Jimenez stuff. Yes we could be in on him.

The other was about Suk-min Yoon:

We seem to be about a week away from a decision on where the South Korean will land. When Masahiro Tanaka was out there, teams considered him the best free agent pitcher, and now Yoon could be that guy. Concerns about an injury to his elbow have subsided, as medical reports have been studied closely by teams. There's lots of competition for him. The Red Sox, Blue Jays, and Orioles in the AL East have made bids. The Diamondbacks also remain interested, but at this stage "it could be anybody," according to a National League general manager.

It could be anyone. We do fall under the anyone category.

Suk-min does have pretty good numbers in the Korean Baseball Organization

Year Age Tm W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H ER HR BB SO
2009 22 Kia 9 4 3.46 27 16 0 0 7 119.2 110 46 9 44 117
2010 23 Kia 6 3 3.83 23 13 1 0 3 101.0 95 43 5 36 94
2 Seasons 15 7 3.63 50 29 1 0 10 220.2 205 89 14 80 211
Provided by Baseball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 2/9/2014.

I don't know, I don't see him as being someone that would help us much this year, but I'd love some news.

The Jays aren't mentioned in Nick's section on Stephan Drew, but he does say that Scott Boras tells him he is speaking to 'multiple teams' about Drew.