Sources: Perhaps the Blue Jays will sign Ervin Santana or Perhaps Not

Yeah, I'm with you Ervin, I'm tired of looking at the same headlines. - John Rieger-USA TODAY Sports

Once again the Jays are rumored to be close to signing Ervin SantanaThis time it is Fox Sports telling us that he's close to signing with, well, someone, maybe the Jays, maybe the Orioles, maybe someone else. Maybe he's going to take up basketball.

Santana's camp is talking with multiple teams and making progress toward a new deal for the free-agent right-hander, according to major league sources.

The Baltimore Orioles and Toronto Blue Jays are among the teams in contact with Santana's agents at Proformance Baseball, sources said.

Or maybe not the Jays:

I wish the Jays would either sign someone or come out and say 'we aren't signing anyone, the team we have now is what we are going to go with, so there'.

I can understand why a team wouldn't want to give up a first round draft pick to sign Santana. But since the Jays have 2 protected first round picks (and a habit of not signing them), that's not an issue.

Sources tell me that I WANT ACTUAL BASEBALL TO START.