Jays best Tigers in extras

Melky makes a catch in center - Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

Blue JaysTigers 2 (10 innings)

Happy Thoughts:

  • The pitchers, again, did well (time for the pitchers are ahead of the hitters line). Todd Redmond wasn't great but both the runs against him came on one swing of the bat by Don Kelly. In 4 innings, he allowed 5 hits, 0 walks, 3 strikeouts and the 2 earned runs. Not bad against a pretty good Tigers team.
  • 5 relievers pitched 6 scoreless innings. 1 innings each for Brett Cecil (1 k), Neil Wagner (2 hits), Aaron Loup (1 k), Ryan Tepera (2 walks, 1 k, save). John Stilson pitched 2 scoreless innings, allowing 2 walks, with 2 strikeouts.
  • Dan Johnson hit a 2-run homer and Brad Glenn hit the game winning homer.
  • Ryan Goins was 1 for 3 with a walk. His numbers on the spring: .217/.308/.217, slowly coming up.
  • Steve Tolleson was 1 for 3 with a walk.
  • Melky Cabrera was 1 for 3. He's hitting .370/.393/.519. He also played CF, someone is going to have to be able to give Colby a day off here and there. He made one good catch, if we can believe the Blue Jays radio team.

Less Happy Thoughts:

We are now 6-6 on the spring.

The split squad beat the Canadian National Team 12-2. Brandon Morrow gave up 4 hits and 3 walks, with 2 strikeouts in 3 innings. Brandon apparently only threw fastballs. Four seam and split-finger fastballs.

Tomorrow the Rays visit Dunedin and the Jays. The Jay isn't on TV or MLB.tv agains. It's only on radio.