Tweet Tweet: Roster Buzz

Rob Jefferies

Warning: some Blue Jays news that doesn't include Ervin, Carlos, or Johan Santana incoming. Shi Davidi tweeted some bits and pieces of Blue Jays roster news that might make some folks around here happy. First off, Drew Hutchison has been seriously impressing (obviously) and now looks to be the favourite for a rotation spot. The wording is a little ambiguous, but at this point he might even be the favourite ahead of former lock for a starting spot in J.A. Happ. Also, the Blue Jays hype train for Ricky Romero is gaining steam as apparently he's even impressed manager John Gibbons. I'm not sure Ricky has really proven anything at all, but his velocity seems to be up so we'll see what happens.

The tweets also mention how Gibbons has been happy with Melky Cabrera playing centre field, which hasn't been seen much on televised games (I don't think?) so it's hard for us to argue. Obviously having him as a second centre fielder means Anthony Gose has no place on the team and Moises Sierra becomes the favourite to take the fourth oufielder spot. No arguments from me, Sierra has looked good and I'm beginning to wonder what Gose's future with the organization actually is if they don't feel he can eventually replace Colby Rasmus.

Continuing our Shi Davidi special today, he wrote a column wondering whether the Blue Jays should have qualified Josh Johnson after missing on so many free agents. After watching him last year, I think I'd rather take one of the younger, cheaper pitchers instead and I'm actually looking forward to seeing what the back-end of the rotation manages to do this year.

Feel free to use this thread to talk about whatever tickles your fancy on this cold Thursday morning.