- Again we had some good pitching. Todd Redmond went 5 innings, allowed 4 hits, 2 earned, 1 walk with 4 k. 3 of his 5 innings were clean. He gave up 2 runs in the 4th inning. It went ground out, ground ball single, wild pitch, double, strikeout, double, strikeout.
- Aaron Sanchez pitched himself into, and out of, trouble in his 4 scoreless innings. He allowed 5 hits and a walk, getting 3 strikeouts. He didn't have a clean inning.
- We had 15 hits, all singles except for one double.
- Jose Bautista, Dioner Navarro and Dan Johnson had 2 singles each.
- Jose Reyes, Munenori Kawasaki, Colby Rasmus, Edwin Encarnacion, Adam Lind, Erik Kratz, Melky Cabrera, Brett Lawrie and Chris Getz each had one hit.
- Jonathan Diaz scored from score base on a ground out to second base, to score the game winning run.
Less Happy Thoughts:
- Arik Sikula gave up a go ahead home run in the top of the 10th.
- Ryan Goins was 0 for 3. He's hitting .158 on the spring.
- 15 hits and just 4 runs scored? We had runners on first and second, in the 7'th and Bautista singled, but Navarro was thrown out trying to score. And after scoring the tying run in the 9th, we had the bases loaded, with none out, but Moises Sierra lined out and Kevin Pillar tapped one to the pitcher to start a 1-2-3 double play.
Tomorrow is an off-day for the Jays. Tuesday they play the Tigers, and again, it isn't on TV. Ricky Romero gets the start.