Tuesday Bantering: Bisons on Fan 590, Tanaka opponent for home opener, Janssen throws

David Manning-USA TODAY Sports

Sportsnet 590 is going to broadcast 6 Buffalo Bison games this season, The dates are:

Tuesday, July 1   7:00 at Syracuse Chiefs

Thursday July 10  7:00 vs. Durham Bulls

Monday July 17   7:00 at Pawtucket Red Sox

Monday August 4  7:00 at Norfolk Tides

Thursday August 21 7:00 at Scranton RailRiders

Thursday August 28  7:00 at Scranton RailRiders

The Bisons' broadcast team of Ben Wagner and Duke McGuire call the games. Too bad the Fan can't fit in a few more games, but we'll take what we can get.

It looks like Masahiro Tanaka will make his first MLB start north of the border. Long Island Newsday has this:

Although the Yankees have yet to make any official announcement about their regular-season rotation, everyone has been operating under the assumption that CC Sabathia will start Opening Day against the Astros in Houston on April 1. And now, with just over two weeks left in spring training, the other spots appear to be falling into place: Hiroki Kuroda at No. 2, followed by Ivan Nova, Tanaka and the winner of the Michael Pineda/David Phelps battle.

Won't that make for a miserable Jays Talk after the game, if Tanaka comes in and pitches well? We'd need a pool on how many second before the first caller says  'cheap Rogers' at the start of the show. I'm already feeling sorry for Wilner. Tanaka is having a good spring, so far, 10 strikeouts, 2 walks, in 9.1 innings. I suppose it would be wrong to wish a career ending injury on him in his first ever start?

And Casey Janssen pitched batting practise, his first time on a mound in three weeks. John Lott has the story. If all goes well, he is scheduled to pitch Friday.

He threw four of his five pitches: fastball, curveball, slider and changeup. The cutter can wait. He is looking forward to Friday's outing against Tampa Bay and figures with a couple more appearances, he will be problem-free to start the season.

Ever get the feeling spring training is too long?