Predicted Walk Up Songs For The Blue Jays

What are you listening to?

With the Blue Jays home opener two weeks from now, players will be forced to pick the music they walk up to the plate to in the coming days. Luckily I've saved them the trouble of deciding between the various choices and picked a song that suits them the best. Considering the team has some awful selections each year, I hope they take my advice.

Jose Reyes- Start Me Up (Rolling Stones)

It will be quite the change from the Latin flair that Jose Reyes usually brings with his walk up music, but this song is pretty representative of what his role on this team is. Although the following lyric hits a little too close to home after last year's incident in Kansas City:

You make a grown man cry

Realistically, if the Blue Jays are going to have any chance of contending this year then this needs to hold true:

I've been running hot
You got me ticking gonna blow my top
If you start me up
If you start me up I'll never stop

Melky Cabrera- Better Now (Collective Soul)

After the mess with a tumour last year, it sounds like Melky Cabrera is finally healthy and won't resemble a garden gnome in left field. If true, the Blue Jays should finally get the production they expected from Cabrera when they signed him before the 2013 season. Collective Soul and Melky Cabrera are about the least related things in the entire world, but that's what makes this combination so fantastic. Breaking news, Melky Cabrera is in the best shape of his life:

Let the word out I've got to get out
Oh I'm feeling better now
Break the news out I've got to get out
Oh I'm feeling better now

Jose Bautista- Prime Time Of Your Life (Daft Punk)

It's safe to say that Jose Bautista is clearly in the prime time of his career in Toronto after struggling as a below average player in Pittsburgh, among other cities for the early years of his career. If the team continues to struggle, they will completely wasting the peak years of Bautista's career and that would be quite unfortunate.

Edwin Encarnacion- #thatPOWER (will.i.am ft. Justin Bieber)

GIVE ME A CHANCE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF! Linking Justin Bieber with Edwin Encarnacion may not be the nice thing to do, but this song screams the Blue Jays right-handed first baseman. I feel like this is on EE's business card:

I got that power
I got that power
I got that power
Power, power, power

Also, if this video followed the timeline of a normal Encarnacion at-bat, by the time Justin Bieber graces the screen you'd be covering your eyes from a baseball bat hurtling into the stands after EE let go of it, which means you don't even have to see Bieber's face.

Adam Lind- Be Calm (fun.)

This song works on multiple levels, since Adam Lind is going to have to be calm when it comes to his playing time, as he SHOULD be sitting every time a lefty is on the mound. Further, as I pointed out last year Adam Lind's resurgence has come in large part to the left-hander rarely swinging at pitches so he should probably listen to this song every time he comes to the plate. Plus:

My back feeling much better, I suppose
I've reclaimed the use of my imagination
For better or for worse, I've yet to know

Lind has had his fair share of back problems.

Colby Rasmus- Fade Into Darkness (Avicii)

Have you seen who hits behind Colby Rasmus in this lineup? When the left-handed hitter comes at the plate he is the only thing standing between a scoring play and the Blue Jays rally chances fading into darkness. He will consistently come to the plate as the last line of defence before a sub .300 OBP black hole that is two players wide.

We'll be okay just keep the faith
And we won't fade into darkness

Faith is something fans will need a lot of this year.

Ryan Goins- Wake Me Up (Avicii)

There's rumours that this song was actually created solely for Ryan Goins's at-bats and I have to think these rumours are true. I'd pay real money for this to be his walk up song:

They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream

I tried carrying the weight of the world
But I only have two hands

It also describes what Blue Jays fans will be saying when the ninth spot in the Jays batting order comes up:

So wake me up when it's all over

There's my selections for some of the players' walk up songs. It's time to post yours and see who can come up with the best one for each Blue Jay. I left out Brett Lawrie because he's going to pick whichever electronic song is #1 at the beginning of the season and Dioner Navarro because I have no idea what bothers me about him yet.