Big game for Todd Redmond - Tigers @ Blue Jays 1 pm - GameThread

Today is a big day for Todd Redmond in his quest for a spot in the starting rotation on the Blue Jays' squad, especially with Dustin McGowan now looking like a contender for the same spot. With a long list of optionless players, including the recently-acquired Matt Tuiasosopo, Redmond would have to perform well in this outing and the next to stick around in Toronto.

Redmond will be facing the Tigers' travel squad today, so he will get a break, from most of their regular bats. Both the Blue Jays' and the Tigers' newest players, Austin Romine and Tuiasosopo, respectively, will not be in uniform today.

Lineup

In case you missed it this morning, the Blue Jays made some cuts from major league camp, while jays182 looks at which walk-up songs the Jays' batters should request to begin the regular season.

GO JAYS GO!