Encarnacion and Sierra homer, Jays beat Tigers

Redmond

Tigers 4 Blue Jays 9

That makes 4 wins in a row.

It really looks like the offense has it together (doesn't hurt the offense that the wind was blowing out). Now if the starting pitching could come around.....

Happy Thoughts:

  • Todd Redmond threw 4 scoreless innings, gave up a walk and hit in a scoreless 5th. The 6th wasn't so good, he gave up a homer and 3 doubles, and 4 runs. In total 6 innings, 5 hits, 1 walk with 8 strikeouts. 4 runs, 3 earned. Until he tired, he looked great.
  • Steve Delabar, Aaron Loup and Tyler Ybarra pitched a scoreless inning each.
  • Melky Cabrera went 3 for 4, with 2 doubles. .434.
  • Jose Bautista went 2 for 2 with 2 walks..390.
  • Edwin Encarnacion was 2 for 4, with a double and a home run. .320.
  • Moises Sierra went 1 for 2, with a home run. .256.
  • Colby Rasmus had a 2 for 5 day, with a double. ..242.
  • Josh Thole was 2 for 4 with a double. ..227.

Less Happy Thoughts:

  • Ryan Goins went 0 for 4 with 2 strikeouts. .180.
  • Brett Lawrie was 0 for 4 with a strikeout. .318.
  • Jonathan Diaz made his 3rd error of the spring. It was a pretty hard hit ball, but Redmond really could have used the help to get through the 6th inning.

We are back to 11-11 on the spring. Not terrible. Tomorrow they play the Yankees at Tampa Bay. The game is on MLB.tv, but not on Sportsnet. Mark Buehrle gets the start. Michael Pineda for the Yankees.