Good start for Mark Buehrle, Jays beat Yankees

Mark

Blue Jays 3 Yankees 1

I like beating the Yankees. Even in spring training.

Happy Thoughts:

  • Excellent start for Mark Burhrle. 6.1 innings, 7 hits, 1 earned, no walks, no strikeouts. Lots of ground outs. Worked quick, like always. Looks like he is ready.
  • Sergio Santos got 2 outs, with a k.
  • Brett Cecil pitched a clean inning with a k. He looked good.
  • We got enough offense, not lots but enough. 8 hits and 2 walks. The Yankees' starter Michael Pineda was pretty good too.
  • Melky Cabrera was 1 for 3, double and a walk. .429.
  • Adam Lind was 2 for 4 with a double. .386.
  • Maicer Izturis was 2 for 2. .276.
  • Munenori Kawasaki made a wow play, hard hit ball off Brett Lawrie's glove, bounces towards Kawasaki at short, and he threw out the batter at first.

Less Happy Thoughts:

  • Dioner Navarro let two Santos pitches get past him, one was called a wild pitch and one a passed ball, but both he should have blocked.
  • Chris Getz was 0 for 3. .258.
  • Jose Bautista was 0 for 4 and missed a deep fly that he really should have caught. .356.
  • Edwin Encarnacion was 0 for 4. ..296.
  • Colby Rasmus was 1 for 3 with a double, but he also struck out twice. .250.
  • Ryan Goins was 0 for 1. He reached on an error on a nice bunt he put down but then was thrown out stealing, by a lot. Lawrie was at third, I'm not sure if they were trying to steal a run, but Brett didn't head home. It didn't look good

That's our 5th straight win and puts us above .500, at 12 and 11.

Tomorrow the Jays play the Phillies (yet again), and it is on Sportsnet. Brandon Morrow gets the start. Should be his second last tune up before the regular season starts. No pressure though.