Blue Jays lose to Phillies

Phillies 6 Blue Jays 3 (rain shortened)

There ends the win streak.

Happy Thoughts:

  • Casey Janssen had his first action in a major league spring game. He gave up a couple of singles in his inning. He looked ok.

This doesn't sound so good though.

  • Jeremy Jeffress pitched a scoreless inning, allowing a hit, getting a strikeout and gave up a pretty hard hit ball to center field, that was caught. He looked ok too.
  • Matt Tuiasosopo made it back from Australia, he was 1 for 3 with 2 strikeouts. He made a very nice throw from left field.
  • Brett Lawrie was 1 for 2 with a walk. His out was a hard hit line drive to left center.

Less Happy Thoughts:

  • Brandon Morrow went 5 innings, allowed 5 soft singles and 3 walks, with 4 strikeouts. 4 earned runs. I only saw one hard hit ball off him, a line drive to center field that Jonathan Diaz tracked down. It really wasn't a bad start, I'd rather see soft singles than hard hit outs in spring training.. The walks weren't great.
  • Jose Bautista was 0 for 2. He made a couple of catches in center field and made a good throw home that almost got the runner. .340.
  • Adam Lind was 0 for 2. ..370.
  • Dioner Navarro was 0 for 2, but really made decent contact both times up. .256.
  • Maicer Izturis was 0 for 2 and showed his lack of range around short. ..258.
  • Ryan Goins was 0 for 2. .170.
  • Tony Davis came in with one on and no outs in the 8th and gave up two hard hit doubles, getting 1 out before the game was called for rain.
    Tomorrow the Jays play the Pirates. The game isn't on TV or MLB.tv. J.A. Happ gets the start. At the same time Dustin McGowan will start in a minor league spring game.