Another good start from Drew Hutchison, Jays beat Phillies

Drew - Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 3 Phillies 0

Happy thoughts:

  • Drew Hutchison, again, was very good. 5.1 innings, 1 hits, 3 walks and 3 strikeouts. It seemed like a pretty small strike zone and two of the walks came after long at bats, so I'm not too worried about the walks. The 3 today give him 4 walks on the spring. He also has a 1.80 ERA on the spring.
  • Brett Cecil got the two batters he faced out. 1 strikeouts. 0 ERA on the spring.
  • Casey Janssen needed just 7 pitches (all strikes) to get his 3 outs.
  • Marcus Walden also pitched a scoreless inning.
  • We didn't do a lot on offense, A.J. Burnett was good too. We only had 3 hits and 1 earned run in his 5 innings.
  • Brett Lawrie was 2 for 3. .364.
  • Someone named Will Browning pitched the 9th, getting the save, while hitting a batter and walking one.

Less Happy Thoughts:

That ends the Jays Florida spring schedule, they leave the sunshine state 14-13. Tomorrow night they play the Mets at Olympic Stadium in Montreal. Mark Buehrle gets the start. Saturday he is Brandon Morrow who will be hoping the Big O's roof doesn't literally fall in on his head while he is on the mound.