Jose Bautista homers, Jays beat Mets in Montreal

Eric Bolte-USA TODAY Sports

Mets 4 Blue Jays 5

Walk off wins are fun.

Tied in the bottom of the 9th, Munenori Kawasaki doubled. Melky Cabrera grounded behind him to move Kawasaki to 3rd with 1 out, but Moises Sierra popped out. After Edwin Encarnacion was hit by pitch, for the second time in the last couple of days, Ricardo Nanita singled to win the game.

Happy Thoughts:

  • Mark Buehrle gave up 4 hits and 2 earned, in his 4 innings, with a walk and 2 strikeouts, but he looked good, Throwing quickly, I enjoyed watching him.
  • Sergio Santos pitched a clean inning.
  • Jeremy Jeffress allowed 1 hit in his 1.1, with 2 strikeouts.
  • Jose Bautista was 2 for 4, with a home run. He's hitting .375 on the spring.
  • Encarnacion was 3 for 4, with a double and was hit by pitch. .344.
  • Kawasaki was 2 for 2 with a double. .318.
  • Ryan Goins was 1 for 2. .177.
  • Brett Lawrie was 1 for 4, but he also made a great play, diving to the line to get a ground ball, pop up and throw to first, to get a speedy Eric Young.
  • Jose Reyes played. That's good news.

Less Happy Thoughts:

  • Casey Janssen pitched for the second day in a row, which is good, but he didn't look great, giving up 2 hits and a run, in his inning. Some of the pitchers looked like they were having troubles with the mound, and Casey might have been too, but he didn't look sharp.
  • Marcus Stroman gave up 2 hits, including a home run in his 1.2 innings. Again, I think he wasn't happy with the mound.
  • Melky Cabrera was 0 for 5, with 2 strikeouts. He didn't look good at the plate. But then he's batting .400 on the spring and he's been pounding out the line drives, so one off day is ok.
  • Moises Sierra was 0 for 2. .213.
  • Dioner Navarro was 0 for 3. ..240.

Attendance was 46,121 at Olympic Stadium. I wonder when the last time they had that many people in the Big O. It was great to see.

I loved the tribute to Gary Carter. It was very nice. It was great to see all the video of him smiling on the field. You could always tell he enjoyed playing the game. I also loved the interviews with Steve Rogers and Warren Cromartie