Au Revoir Spring Training 2014, Sunday March 30 Links

Eric Bolte-USA TODAY Sports

The series in Montreal turned out well for both the Jays and Montreal... not so much the Mets. Today is an off day before the Jays take on the Rays and their Voodoo Curse.

JAYS LINKS

Cabrera’s home run gives Jays win over Mets at packed Olympic Stadium - The Globe and Mail
The fans response in Montreal was overwhelming, with a total of 96,350 attending the two games, mostly chanting “Let’s go Expos” and “We want baseball”

Toronto Blue Jays Hitters have Eye of Tiger? - Jays Journal - A Toronto Blue Jays Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
Looking at the stats of our starting nine makes me want to break into a Glee rendition of Eye of the Tiger….just kidding.

Former Expos Announcer Loses His Mind On Melky Cabrera Home Run
My French is a little rusty, but I think former Montreal Expos announcer Rodger Brulotte just sang "I love baseball and this Melky Cabrera guy almost as much as I love sucking down a nice burgundy and five million cigarettes. Good night, it is gone."

2014 AL East Preview «
Up first: the AL East, which figures to be loaded yet again in 2014.

MLB LINKS

Remembering the Greatest Montreal Expos of All-Time - Jays Journal - A Toronto Blue Jays Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
The Montreal Expos were a storied franchise. Who would you name to their all-time starting nine? Here is one old man's opinion.

Blue Monday: The Day That Haunts Montreal «
The first playoff berth in franchise history had been secured. The first playoff series in franchise history had been won. All that remained was a five-game series against the Los Angeles Dodgers, with the winner earning the National League pennant and a trip to the 1981 World Series.

Montreal Expos team stymied by ’94 strike honoured at Olympic Stadium in pre-game ceremony | National Post
That talent-packed squad was likely the Expos' best shot at winning a World Series

‘Things were better than even I expected’: Olympic Stadium crowds spur talk of MLB’s possible return to Montreal | National Post
John McHale Jr. a high-ranking baseball executive on a special assignment in Montreal, said he will file a memo covering what he saw over two days spent at Olympic Stadium, and that his memo will wind up in a folder: “But it goes into the best file folder in Major League Baseball — which is the brain of the commissioner.”

Fallen Olympic stadium fan in stable condition - Sportsnet.ca
A 40-year-old man remained in hospital in serious but stable condition Saturday after falling from the stands at Montreal's Olympic Stadium during a baseball game the night before, police said.

Latest plumbing backup sends Oakland A’s coaches scrambling in clubhouse | National Post
Coaches from the Oakland Athletics were sent scrambling after toilets in the home clubhouse backed up and overflowed before Saturday’s exhibition game against the San Francisco Giants.

TODAY IN CPP OR AARP MLB HISTORY

Baseball History - March 30th - National Pastime - Baseball History
2012 Jamie Moyer becomes the oldest starting pitcher to make an Opening Day roster when the Rockies announce that the 49-year old southpaw will face Houston in the second game of the season. Knuckleballer Hoyt Wilhelm was the same age as the Colorado left-hander when he opened the season with L.A. in 1972, but 'Old Sarge' appeared strictly in relief for the Dodgers.