Blue Jays beat Phillies: Adam Lind and Dan Johnson homer

David Manning-USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 5 Phillies 3

The Jays end their 3 game losing streak. We are now 4-3.

Happy Thoughts:

  • The bullpen was great, 5 innings of scoreless pitching from: One inning each from Steve Delabar (1 k), Neil Wagner (1 hit), John Stilson (1 k). Two inings from Liam Hendriks (1 hit, 2 k). I thought Stilson was particularly impressive. I wonder if we'll see him in Toronto at some point this year.
  • Adam Lind hit a home run that went went a mile.
  • Dan Johnson homered.
  • Melky Cabrera was 2 for 3.
  • Erik Kratz was 2 for 4 and looked pretty comfortable catching R.A. Dickey, though he had one passed ball (it really didn't get far away from him, but Carlos Ruiz did a nice job moving up on the play).
  • Ryan Goins went 2 for 4. Maybe Seitzer is a miracle worker.

Less Happy Thoughts:

  • Dickey had a rough first inning, 2 walks, a single and a hit batter. And then in the third he gave up a single and a 2-run homer. He  did go 4 innings, I didn't expect him to go 4 in just his second start of the spring. In total he gave up 4 hits, 3 earned, 3 walks with 2 strikeouts.
  • We scored a run in the second, Sierra score from 3rd on a Kevin Pillar single to left, but for unknown reasons third base coach Luis Rivera sent Kratz home, trying to score him from second. Kratz was out by 20 feet. It wasn't close. With 2 outs, I can see taking a chance but there was no way Kratz was going to score on that.
  • Maicer Izturis was 0 for 2 with a walk. He's now 1 for 10 on the spring and I haven't seen him make good contact with a ball yet.

Tomorrow the Jays host the Pirates at 1:00 eastern. It isn't on TV or on MLB.tv. It will be on MLB audio.