Blue Jays Moves: Izturis to DL, Kratz to Buffalo, Kawasaki and Happ called up

Kratz - Tom Szczerbowski

The Blue Jays made some moves after today's win:

  • Maicer Izturis goes onto the DL with the sprained knee. Too bad to Maicer, it looked like he was taking over the second base job. Barry Davis had this:

  • Erik Kratz has been sent back to Buffalo.
  • Munenori Kawasaki gets a call up. Start marking those All-Star ballots today. I'm a fan, so I'm happy to see him. It is nice to be reminded that baseball is fun. You have to love players that enjoy it.
  • J.A. Happ also comes off the DL and up to Toronto, after two rehab starts, one in Dunedin (5 innings,3 hits, 2 earned, 1 walk, 5 strikeouts) and one in Buffalo (4.2, 5 hits, 1 earned, 2 walks and 6 strikeouts). More from Davis:

So we are back to the 8-man bullpen. You know how much I love that. I'd imagine Happ will be in the bullpen at least for now. That would give us three lefties and five right-handers in the pen. I don't know how they will find work for all those games. I guess it gives them more people to use while Santos sits in a late inning tie game.

Also, the Jays are saying that Colby Rasmus came out of the game with a tight hamstring. They say it isn't serious.

In This Article

Teams