Jeremy Jeffress chooses free agency

Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

Jeremy Jeffress cleared waivers and we were told he would be assigned to the Buffalo Bisons, but now there is this:

I don't know why any team that really wanted him wouldn't have just taken him off waivers but, I'm guessing, he agent talked to GMs from other teams and found someone that would offer him a major league job, especially knowing that he's already cleared waivers onces, they should be able to slip him through again, if they want. Jeremy does have a pretty amazing arm, and he has had success for short periods at a time. Maybe someone else figure out how to make him a valuable player. I am sorry to see him go. He seemed like a good guy. I hope things work out for him.