Juan Francisco 'likely' coming up to Blue Jays

Lance Iversen-USA TODAY Sports

Juan Francisco was removed from tonight's Buffalo Bisons game, in the 4th inning, making it pretty likely that he is being called up to the Blue Jays, to take Adam Lind's spot. The Jays have been trying to decide if Lind would need to go on the DL or not, for the past couple of days. It appears they have decided that he does need DL time.

Francisco is not on the 40-man roster so a move will have to be made there. It's most likely Maicer Izturis will be moved to the 60-day DL, freeing up a spot on the 40-man.

Juan is hitting .349/.429/.581 with 2 home runs in 43 at bats in Buffalo. The choice was either him or Dan Johnson. Johnson is having a good start to the season too, hitting .286/.415/.571, with 3 home runs in 42 at bats. I think the fact that the Jays have a bunch of uniforms with the name Francisco already on the back helped make the decision for them (Rogers is cheap you know, the thread to sew on letters isn't free).

The Jays will be Francisco's 4th MLB team. He has a .243/.300/.432 line with 32 home runs, in 298 MLB games.