Who is your pick for most likely Blue Jay comeback player?

Drew - Brian Blanco

Do you think the Jays lead the league in potential 'comeback player of the year' candidates?

I was thinking that this morning. The list:

  • Drew Hutchison. Well, I'm not too sure on Drew, he had all of 11 MLB starts before going down with the injury. I don't think you can be comeback player' if you only played 11 games, and had a 4.60 ERA in those games. What he's done is great, but I don't think he's a comeback player.
  • Brandon Morrow: Morrow had a 2.96 ERA in 2012, then, last year...well you know. This year, I'm hoping for much better.
  • Dustin McGowan. He could be the comeback player of the century. Of course there is a huge if, but I'm thinking positive. I'm hoping the best for the guy.
  • Melky Cabrera. Almost every at bat of his that I saw this spring, he hit the ball hard. He's running better than last year, he's not doing to make the Olympics in the 100m sprint any time soon, but I'm pretty sure he could out run me over a short distance.
  • Sergio Santos. Yeah, he pitched 25 very good innings last year, but folks that vote on these awards only look at the big stats. In 2011 Sergio had 30 saves. Since then, he's thrown 31 innings. If he were to stay in the closer role, he could have 30 saves again. I think it is likely that Casey Janssen gets the closer job back, but you never know. If Santos is great and it takes Casey a little longer than expected to come back, maybe Gibby will decide to stay with Sergio.

Who do you think will be the Jays comeback player?