Blue Jays claim Darin Mastroianni

Darin Mastroianni - Jesse Johnson-US PRESSWIRE

The Blue Jays claimed Darin Mastroianni off waivers from the Minnesota Twins. To make room for him on the 40-man roster, the Jays have DFAed Kenny Wilson. Mastroianni has been optioned to Buffalo.

Here are Mastroianni's major league numbers.

Year   Age  Tm   G  AB  R  H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO   BA  OBP  SLG
2011    25 TOR   1   2  0  0  0  0  0   0  0  0  0  1 .000 .000 .000
2012    26 MIN  77 163 22 41  3  2  3  17 21  3 18 45 .252 .328 .350
2013    27 MIN  30  65  5 12  2  0  0   5  2  1  3 23 .185 .229 .215
2014    28 MIN   7  11  3  0  0  0  0   0  1  0  1  5 .000 .083 .000
4 Yrs          115 241 30 53  5  2  3  22 24  4 22 74 .220 .288 .295

Provided by Baseball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 4/22/2014.

Darin is a right-handed batter, and gives the Jays more outfield depth, another guy who can play CF and steal a base. He was a 16th round draft pick in 2007. I was a fan when he was in the Jays' system.

Wilson was hitting .210/.239/.306 at New Hampshire, he was a 2nd round draft pick by the Jays in 2008.