Who's up, Who's down: Blue Jays pitchers

Marc Serota

A quick look at how the Blue Jays' pitchers have been doing over the past two weeks.

Let's take a look at how our pitchers have been doing the last couple of weeks. The Jays are 6-5 over the last two weeks. We had a 3.94 ERA over the 11 games.

Pitchers

Arrow_down_3.2_medium

R.A. Dickey

R.A. had 2 starts, one a loss and a no decision. He gave up 13 hits, 8 walks, with 10 strikeouts, in 10.1 innings. A 6.97 ERA. Batters hit .302/.423/.465 against him. I thought Gibby should have been quicker with the hook, both games, but you can't blame him for wanting a few more innings out of someone.

Arrow_up_3

Mark Buehrle

2 good stats, 2 wins. After 4 starts, he is 4-0. In the 14 innings, in the two starts,  he allowed 9 hits, 1 earned, 3 walks and 5 strikeouts. Batters hit .180/.255/.220 against him. He's really been helped by the improved defense and he seems to be getting along well with Navarro.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Brandon Morrow

He made two starts, and was 0-0 with a 4.15 ERA. He allowed 7 hits, 6 walks with 10 strikeouts in 8.2 innings. It doesn't sound all that bad, other than 8.2 innings. He's really going to have to go deeper into games. Batters hit .219/.342/.438.

Arrow_up_3.2_medium

Drew Hutchison

Drew's two starts were very good. he didn't get a decision but he allowed 12 hits, 2 walks with 14 strikeouts in 11.1 innings. Batters hit .267/.298/.378. It would be nice if he would pitch deeper into games. but on this staff 6 and 5.1 innings are almost like complete games.

Arrow_down_3

Dustin McGowan

Dustin had 3 starts. He was 1-0 with a 5.65 ERA in 14.1 innings. Batters hit .281/.379/.491 off him. One of the 3 starts was good, he went 6.1 shutout innings about the Orioles, but the other two starts were  bad.

Red-cross-icon-1_medium

Casey Janssen

On the DL. It will be another couple of weeks.

Arrow_up_3.2_medium

Steve Delabar

Delabar pitched in 5 games, 3.1 innings and didn't allow a hit, but did give up 5 walks with only 2 strikeouts. 2 of those 5 walks came around to score, in that awful game against the Twins, giving him a 5.40 ERA. Batters hit .000/.385/.000. He had 2 holds and 2 wins. Inspite of his contribution to that terrible game, Kind of a marginal up arrow,

Arrow_around_3_medium

Aaron Loup

Loup pitched in 5 games, 4 good appearances and that one bad one that got him a blown save and loss. You'll remember it 3 straight walks and a bases clearing double. He's 1-1 on the 5 weeks. He only allowed 1 hits, but there were 5 walks in his 5 innings. 5.40 ERA. Batters hit .067/.333/.133.

Arrow_up_3.2_medium

Brett Cecil

Brett pitched in 6 games and wasn't totally immune to the bout of walkitis that's been driving us crazy. In 5.1 innings, he allowed 1 hit and 3 walks with 10 strikeouts. He's allowed a .111/.238/.111 batting line. He has 4 holds in the two weeks.

Arrow_down_3.2_medium

Sergio Santos

Sergio pitched in 5 games, he had 2 saves and one badly blown save/loss. In 4 innings, he's allowed 4 hits (including a home run), 5 walks with 5 strikeouts. Batters hit .286/.474/.471 against him. He hasn't had a clean inning since April 11th.

Arrow_down_3

Esmil Rogers

3 games, 5 innings, 5 hits (including 2 home runs), 1 walk and 6 strikeouts. .250/.286/.600.

Arrow_down_3.2_medium

Todd Redmond

Gibby seems to like him a lot, he pitched in 6 games, 5 innings, 4 hits, 1 walk and 2 strikeouts..

Arrow_up_3

Neil Wagner

Called up yesterday and pitched 2 perfect innings and had 3 strikeouts. He had 3 holds in there. Batters hit .211/.238/.316 against him.

Arrow_down_3.2_medium

J.A. Happ

He pitched 3 times. A total of 4.1 innings. Batters hit .200/.400/.400. 5 walks in 4.1 innings isn't exactly going to get you back into the rotation. He contributed to the awful finish in Minnesota.