Game 23 GameThread: Red Sox @ Blue Jays

Tom Szczerbowski

The Boston Red Sox (bringing along enough sunscreen to keep the city of Toronto safe from burns for a year) come to town for a three game series. The Sox are sitting in last place, a very good spot for them, at 10-13, a game and a half back from us.

Mark Buehrle has the chance to take sole possession of the league lead in wins. Right now he is 4-0 with a 0.64 ERA.

Jake Peavy is 0-0 with a 3.33 ERA in 4 starts. Time to get him his first loss.

Today's Lineups

BOSTON RED SOX TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Dustin Pedroia - 2B Jose Reyes - SS
Shane Victorino - RF Melky Cabrera - LF
David Ortiz - DH Jose Bautista - RF
Mike Napoli - 1B Edwin Encarnacion - 1B
Jonny Gomes - LF Dioner Navarro - C
Xander Bogaerts - SS Juan Francisco - DH
A.J. Pierzynski - C Brett Lawrie - 3B
Will Middlebrooks - 3B Colby Rasmus - CF
Jackie Bradley - CF Ryan Goins - 2B
Jake Peavy - RHP Mark Buehrle - LHP

In This Article

Teams